Jeffrey B. Whitt has assisted clients in complex product liability litigation for more than 25 years. His practice includes automotive crashworthiness, toxic tort, building systems, manufacturing equipment, and premises liability disputes throughout North America.
Jeff has handled cases in federal or state court in numerous jurisdictions, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington, including:
- Acted as national counsel for a Fortune 100 manufacturing and service company for over 20 years.
- Has represented a Tier 1 automotive component supplier in crashworthiness cases for more than 20 years.
- Defended a machine press manufacturer in several personal injury lawsuits.
- Represented a plastics blow molding machinery manufacture in personal injury lawsuits.
- Won dispositive motions in building products lawsuits brought in Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland and Tennessee.
- Defended several indoor air quality cases, including obtaining a directed verdict in a case that drew national attention.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Illinois State University, B.S., 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois