Adam S. Weinstock represents public and private clients on a wide variety of corporate matters across numerous industries, including insurance, technology, financial services, manufacturing and retail. Adam has substantial experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and complex commercial and governance matters.
Adam regularly represents strategic clients and private equity sponsors, with a focus on complex acquisitions, divestitures, securities offerings, joint ventures, and insurance and reinsurance transactions. He advises public company clients on IPOs and follow-on offerings, and provides them with governance and disclosure advice under the federal securities laws and stock exchange requirements. Adam also advises clients on ESOP transactions and represents various benefit corporations and emerging and venture-backed companies.
Prior to law school, Adam spent two years practicing as a CPA. He draws on this background and his JD/MBA degree in establishing an effective and efficient approach to helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Adam has represented clients in a wide variety of securities and governance matters. Representative matters include:
- Primary outside securities and governance counsel for multiple public companies.
- Workiva Inc., a cloud-based SaaS company, in its $100 million IPO and subsequent offerings.
- Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm, in its $200 million initial public offering and subsequent offerings.
- Public debt offerings totaling over $8 billion for a multinational diversified manufacturer.
- Multiple public follow-on offerings by companies in the technology, energy, pharmaceutical, financial services and insurance industries.
- Private placements of debt and equity for multiple early-stage companies.
Adam has represented clients in numerous M&A transactions. Representative transactions include:
- Continental General Insurance Company in its acquisition of Kanawha Insurance Company, a long-term care insurer, from Humana Inc.
- Cott Corporation in various acquisition and divestiture transactions ranging from $50 million to over $1 billion.
- A strategic buyer in multiple acquisitions of personal protective equipment manufacturers.
- Various platform and add-on acquisitions for multiple private equity sponsors.
- Several large insurance companies in traditional M&A as well as complex collateralized reinsurance transactions.
- Sale of publicly traded retailer in auction process to strategic buyer for $900 million.
- Multiple cross-border acquisitions and divestitures for U.S. and non-U.S. companies.
- Sales of several portfolio companies of a foreign-based private equity firm including energy and technology companies.
- Multiple strategic acquisitions for cash and stock by digital security company.
- Representation of buyers, sellers and trustees in various ESOP transactions.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
- The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 2008
- University of Illinois, B.A., 2002