Adam S. Weinstock represents public and private clients on a wide variety of corporate matters across numerous industries. Adam has substantial experience counseling strategic buyers and financial sponsors on mergers and acquisitions, and assisting public and private companies in securities offerings and complex commercial and governance matters.
Adam spent two years practicing as a CPA prior to law school. He draws on this background in helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Adam has served as the lead associate on a wide variety of securities offerings, including:
- $203 million initial public offering of Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm.
- Initial public offering of over $100 million of common stock by cloud-based SaaS company.
- Public debt offerings totaling approximately $6 billion for a multinational diversified manufacturer.
- $50 million private placement of convertible senior notes for an electronic components manufacturer.
- Multiple public offerings of common stock by companies in the technology, energy, pharmaceutical, financial services and insurance industries.
- Private placements of debt and equity for multiple early-stage companies.
- Primary responsibility for ‘34 Act reporting and governance work for various registrants.
Adam has served as the lead associate on over two dozen M&A transactions, including:
- Representation of strategic buyer in acquisition of manufacturer of personal protective equipment for $615 million.
- Various platform and add-on acquisitions for multiple private equity sponsors.
- Represented an international insurance company in a series of complex collateralized reinsurance transactions.
- Sale of publicly traded retailer in auction process to strategic buyer for $900 million.
- Sales of several portfolio companies of a foreign-based private equity firm including energy and technology companies.
- Multiple strategic acquisitions for cash and stock by digital security company.
- Representation of buyers, sellers and trustees in various ESOP transactions.
Adam provides advice on an array of corporate governance and board matters for public and private companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, retail, technology, mining and financial services. He has also represented borrowers in numerous lending transactions and advises several benefit corporations.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
- The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 2008
- University of Illinois, B.A., 2002