George C. Webster II has represented debtors, creditors, including managed funds, purchasers, and committees in cases including Itel Corporation; Sambo’s Restaurants; Leasing Solutions, Inc.; DDI Corp.,and Lehman Bros. He has more than 36 years of experience practicing bankruptcy law. His experience encompasses all aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings.
After law school, George served as a law clerk to the Honorable Adrian J. Duplantier, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, in 1978–1979.
George is also is an adjunct professor at the University of Southern California Law School, where he has taught bankruptcy since 2001. He was an Adjunct Professor teaching bankruptcy at Loyola University School of Law in 1983–1984, 2000 and 2001.
- In re Carter Hawley Hale Stores, Inc.
- In re Computer Communications, Inc.
- In re Hamburger Hamlet Restaurants, Inc.
- In re Itel Corporation
- In re Knudson Corp./Foremost Dairies, Inc.
- In re Leasing Solutions, Inc.
- In re Pizza Time Theatre, Inc.
- In re Sambo's Restaurant, Inc.
- In re Storage Technology Corporation
- In re AWTR Liquidation, Inc, (fka Rhythm and Hues, Inc.)
- In re DDI Corp.
- In re Kinowelt Lizenverwertungs GmbH
- In re Extended Stay, Inc.
- In re Montgomery Ward Holding Corp.
- In re Royal Properties, Inc.
- In re Shop Television Network, Inc.
- In re Spaulding Composites Company
- In re Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc.
- In re Residential Capital, LLC
- In re Vitro SAB de CV
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1978, cum laude
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1974, with highest honors
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American College of Bankruptcy, Ninth Circuit Education Subcommittee
- First-In Fire Foundation, Director
- Century City Bar Association, Director
- Los Angeles County Bar, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Executive Committee (Chair 2005-2006; Treasurer)
- Los Angeles County Bar, Bankruptcy Committee, Chair (2001-2002)