Priscilla A. (Pam) Walter assists her clients with their information technology, e-business and outsourcing issues, as well as protecting their technology assets through copyright, trademark, patent and, trade secret techniques and addressing privacy, security and other e-commerce needs. She also represents innovative and early stage clients, including those who develop or distribute information or technology products or services, with respect to organizing and capitalizing their companies. Her practice often involves negotiating joint venture and strategic partnering relationships as well as distribution channels and online agreement s with business customers and consumers.
- Represented a major bank with respect to all of its technology licensing and development needs, and its creation of unique customer-facing services.
- Represented an innovative supplier of private-label e-commerce products and services provided directly by the client to consumer customers of its business clients.
- Represented a major municipality in its negotiation of an agreement to outsource an innovative energy and security management system for all city-owned or operated buildings.
- Represented a major real estate investment and management company in the outsourcing of all of its financial functions, including the allocation of partial interests in properties among several layers of investment vehicles.
- Represented a major airport in its outsourcing of services to measure and abate takeoff and landing noise.
- Represented an early stage company that developed a unique business-to-business solution for management of loyalty programs and customer relationships with respect to its online agreements with business customers and consumers. Represented a founder providing sweat equity in the documentation of his interest in the company.
- Represented a major municipal entity in the replacement of the control systems for a shuttle train, including negotiating agreements with a software developer to develop the new control system and securing the cooperation of the owner of the technology for the old system.
- Represented an early stage developer of information solutions in the sale and field-specific license-back of certain of its IT assets to a major provider of IT solutions to the healthcare industry.
- Represented a fund of funds in contracts with a supplier of custom accounting and value allocation software.
Chambers USA, “Leaders in their Field”, Technology (2005–2009)
Illinois Leading Lawyers Network in Computer and Technology Law
Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law (2020)
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1978, magna cum laude
- London School of Economics and Political Science, M.S., 1967
- Wellesley College, B.A., 1965
- The Chicago Network
- Chicago-Kent School of Law, Board of Overseers
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Life Trustee
- Metropolitan Planning Council, Honorary Board (Past Chairman)
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater Executive Committee (Past Chairman)
- Field Museum Founders Council Steering Committee (Past Board Member)
- The Latin School of Chicago (Past Board President)