Keith A. Walter, Jr. represents foreign and domestic clients in complex commercial litigation, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, antitrust, unfair competition, class actions, false advertising and contract matters. His practice covers a broad range of industries, particularly in the areas of automotive, telecommunications, computer software, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer goods and e-commerce.
Keith has served as lead trial counsel in numerous cases securing victories for both plaintiffs and defendants. He directs all aspects of litigation, from case assessment, electronic document collection and production, discovery, settlement proceedings and trial. Keith also has extensive experience representing clients before the United States Patent Office, including proceedings under the America Invents Act (AIA). He has served as lead counsel in several Inter Partes Review (IPR) and reexamination procedures on behalf of both petitioners and patent owners.
In addition to litigation, Keith is involved in securing, maintaining and licensing intellectual property rights in the United States and throughout the rest of the world. He counsels clients on patent, copyright and trademark protection, prepares and negotiates intellectual property-related agreements, and provides opinions on the validity and infringement of patents.
Keith frequently speaks and writes on topics regarding intellectual property and antitrust.
Keith has served as lead litigation counsel in various intellectual property, contracts, and antitrust matters. Here are some of his representative cases:
- Natural Alternatives Int’l Inc. v. Vital Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al, Civ. No. 09-cv-00626 (D. Del.)
- Endeavor Meshtech Inc. v. Rajant Corporation, Civ. No. 16-cv-0013 (E.D. Pa.)
- JSDQ Mesh Technologies LLC v. Fluidmesh Networks LLC, Civ. No. 16-cv-212 (D. Del.)
- Memory Integrity LLC v. ZTE Corporation et al., Civ. No. 13-cv-01811 (D. Del.)
- CryptoPeak Solutions LLC v. Professional Trading Solutions Inc., Civ. No. 15-cv-1309 (E.D. Tex.)
- PatentMarks Communications, LLC v. ZTE (USA), Inc., Civ. No. 14-1001-LPS (D. Del.)
- Straight Path IP Group, Inc. v. ZTE Corp and ZTE (USA), Inc., Civ. No. 13-cv-607-MHS-KNM (E.D. Tex.)
- Alex is the Best, LLC v. ZTE Corporation and ZTE (USA), Inc., Civ. No. 13-cv-1728-RGA (D. Del.)
- In re: Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Litigation, Civ. No. 10-md-2143-VRW (N.D. Cal.)
- Roxlor, LLC v. Keraplast Technologies, LLC and KMS Ventures Inc., Civ. No. 14-1524-GMS (D. Del.)
- JSDQ Mesh Technologies, LLC v. Rio Tinto America Inc. and Kennecott Holdings Corp., Civ. No. 14-1341-GMS (D. Del.)
- JSDQ Mesh Technologies LLC v. Peabody Energy Corp., Civ. No. 14-01338-GMS (D.Del.)
- Scott Environmental Services, Inc. v. A to Z Mud Co., Inc., Civ. No. 13-cv-701-JRG-RSP (E.D. Tex.)
- R360 Environmental Solutions, Inc. v. Scott Environmental Services, Inc., Civ. No. 11-cv-3391 (S.D. Tex.)
- Bosch Automotive Services Solutions Inc. v. Autel.US. Inc. and Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., Civ. No. 13-10534-TGB-LJM (E.D. Mich.)
- Ford Motor Co. v. Autel.US. Inc. and Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., Civ. No. 14-13760-TGB-MJH (E.D. Mich.)
- General Motors LLC v. Autel.US. Inc. and Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., Civ. No. 14-14864-TGB-MJH (E.D. Mich.)
- Global Product Resources, Inc. v. WBM Pvt. Ltd., WBM, LLC, Designed 4 Life, LLC, Walgreen Co., Does 2-20, Rite Aid Corporation (a/k/a Doe 1), Civ. No. 11-cv-3864-RGK-AGR (C.D. Cal.)
- Vital Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Martin C. Hinz, Civ. No. 10-cv-61832-PHC (S.D. Fla.)
- Alcorn Communications, LLC v. Implix USA, Inc., Civ. No. 12-cv-576-SLR (D. Del.)
- The Good Nite Lite, LLC v. The Gro Company, Civ. No. 11-cv-248-WSD (N.D. Ga.)
- The Good Nite Lite, LLC v. Keen Distribution, LLC and Gilt Groupe, Inc., Civ. No. 11-cv-1555-WSD (N.D. Ga.)
- Niksun, Inc. v. Intelica Networks, Inc. and Krishna C. Pandey, Civ. No. 07-cv-070-TSE-TRJ (E.D. Va.)
- Blue Sunny Skies, LLC, Sun Energy Partners I, LLC, and Blue Solar, LLC v. PV Thermal Solar, LLC, SolarRac2, MJM Fabrications, Inc., and Dave Lewenz, Civ. No. 12-cv-829-SLR (D. Del.)
- Linzer Products Corporation v. Chandra Sekar, Civ. No. 06-cv-13218-SAS (S.D. NY)
- Inland Environmental & Remediation, Inc. v. Scott Environmental Services, Inc., IPR2015-381
- Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., v. Bosch Automotive Service Solutions LLC, IPR2014-00183.
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude
- Illinois State University, B.S., Chemistry, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- New York Intellectual Property Association