Jaime D. Walter has litigated cases at the trial and appellate levels and in state and federal courts across the nation. Jaime has represented defendants in single-plaintiff actions, class and collective actions, and coordinated proceedings, and she has extensive experience managing all aspects of pre-trial and trial work-up.
Jaime’s practice includes representing employers facing wage-and-hour, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, fraud, defamation, unfair competition, and PAGA (Private Attorneys’ General Act) claims, among others. She also counsels employers and audits their employment policies proactively to minimize the risk of litigation.
Jaime is a member of the firm’s Retail Class Actions Team. While attending law school, she served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Kathryn M. Werdegar of the Supreme Court of California.
Jaime has obtained numerous favorable outcomes for our clients. She recently obtained summary judgment for a major technology company just two weeks prior to trial. Other accomplishments include prevailing on oppositions to motions for collective action certification, motions for judgment on the pleadings, motions for judgment notwithstanding the verdict, motions to exclude expert testimony, motions for costs, and other various procedural victories.
Broadly speaking, Jaime’s experience includes the following:
- Defending publicly traded companies in putative wage-and-hour class actions and California Private Attorneys’ General Act representative actions from investigation through class certification briefing or settlement.
- Representing employers named in retaliation, defamation, harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination, fraud, and unfair competition lawsuits.
- Counseling employers regarding various aspects of employment law, such as how to comply with wage-and-hour laws, minimize risk during employment terminations, and drafting employee handbooks and policies.
- Auditing employment policies.
CALI Award for Excellence in Labor & Employment Seminar
CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research, Writing, & Analysis
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude, USF Law Review
- Arizona State University, B.S., 2005, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco