Erik D. Vogt advises public, private, and non-profit companies in the design and administration of retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and executive compensation arrangements.
Erik assists clients with the design and administration of 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans (both traditional and cash balance), profit sharing plans, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), and 403(b) plans. He also frequently advises clients regarding compliance with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code, including representation before the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor in connection with plan audits and correction programs.
Erik counsels clients on a multitude of issues relating to health and welfare plans, including the Affordable Care Act, COBRA, and other applicable state and federal laws.
Erik advises clients in the design and administration of nonqualified deferred compensation plans, employee stock option plans, and employment agreements, including assessment of Code section 409A compliance issues. In addition to his counseling practice, Erik also frequently advises clients on employee benefits and executive compensation issues arising in mergers and acquisitions.
Spotlight on Benefits
A blog offering practical insight on legal developments which could impact benefit plans.
- "Traps for the Unwary: Is Your Company's Severance Arrangement Subject to ERISA?"(with Mona Ghude)
- "A Lesson in ESOP Transactions: Do Your Diligence and Don't Ignore Red Flags"(with Greg Ossi and Jeremy Pelphrey)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, Certificate of Study in Business and Public Policy, 2009
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.B.A., 2005, with distinction
- ESOP Association
- The National Association of Stock Plan Professionals