Frank F. Velocci handles litigation and arbitration matters for clients in the areas of real estate, telecommunications, health care, prerogative writs, legal malpractice and business torts. He has been involved in a number of complex litigations involving the investigation of distressed companies and their former executives, including successfully obtaining a multimillion-dollar jury verdict in a breach of lease action against a public entity and its attorneys.
Frank has represented debtors, trustees, committees and secured creditors in a number of complex Chapter 11 cases.
In addition to his practice, Frank has made a sustained commitment to pro bono work in the community, primarily for the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, an organization that protects the rights of victims of domestic violence. The firm has a long-standing relationship with the Project and Frank has both represented a number of victims of domestic violence and has served as a supervisor for many younger associates who have volunteered their time to the Project.
Frank also serves as a member of Law2Life, a legal enrichment and mock trial program developed by the Firm Community Outreach Committee and implemented at Eastside High School, in Paterson, New Jersey. The program culminated in a mock trial before the Honorable Stanley R. Chesler, U.S.D.J.
Frank served as a law clerk to the Hon. Rosemary Gambardella, former Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Lecture panelist on Bankruptcy for numerous groups, including the American Bankruptcy Institute and the New Jersey Bar Association.
- Assisted St. Mary’s Hospital to confirm the first stand-alone reorganization for a New Jersey hospital in more than a decade
- General counsel to St. Mary’s Hospital in negotiations and sale to California based healthcare network
- Representation of national law firms in defense of legal malpractice actions
- Successfully obtained injunction to protect an international distributor of sanitary ware’s exclusive distribution rights from China in the United States and Canada
- Secured a declaration for a former executive that his anticipated employment did not violate a non-complete agreement
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Retirees for Bethlehem Steel Corporation
- Counsel hospitals on Medicare and Medicaid Fraud audits
- Counsel to the Receiver for a massive New Jersey based Ponzi scheme
"New Leaders of the Bar," New Jersey Law Journal (2012)
Featured as one of the "Saviors of St. Mary's" in the New Jersey Law Journal, "Passaic Hospital First in New Jersey To Survive Chapter 11."
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Frank Velocci is notable for advising clients on bankruptcy litigation. An impressed client called him ‘a wonderful attorney.’
– CHAMBERS USA (2018)
Frank Velocci handles a range of restructuring and bankruptcy matters, from defending directors against breach of duty claims to investigating distressed companies. He is also well known for his work as a litigator and arbitrator. He often works with clients in the healthcare, real estate and telecommunications industries.
– CHAMBERS USA (2017)
Commentators state that Frank Velocci is 'detail-oriented and a very hard worker.' He is active representing debtors in bankruptcy litigation, including class actions.
– CHAMBERS USA (2016)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Montclair State University, B.A., 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Craig School, Mountain Lakes, NJ - Board of Trustees
- District X Fee Arbitration Committee (2011-2015)
Frank's Areas of Focus
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Restructuring
- Corporate Trust
- Creditors’ Committee
- Debtor Representation
- Health Care Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring
- Secured Creditors
- Trustees, Receivers and Investigations
- Health Care Compliance Counseling and Defense
- Strategic Transactions and Affiliations