Andrew L. Van Houter focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, representing Fortune 100 companies, hedge funds and smaller businesses. Andrew also assists clients in responding to governmental inquiries and investigations. Andrew is a member of the Class Action group, defending companies in privacy litigation.
Andrew is a contributor to the firm's SEC Law Perspectives Blog, which provides reports, discussions, and analyses on noteworthy trends in enforcement and regulatory activity of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other agencies, such as the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Andrew represented global financial institutions and corporations in multiple types of litigation, including breach of contract matters, federal and state securities claims relating to mortgage-backed securities and “naked” short sales, shareholder derivative actions, antitrust and commodity manipulation class action claims, employment discrimination actions and claims brought under the Anti-Terrorism Act related to alleged money laundering. Andrew has also conducted internal investigations concerning anti-money laundering practices, suspicious trading and allegations of abuse at a university.
- Represents a Fortune 100 company engaged in partnership valuation litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represents an international hedge fund in a breach of contract action concerning investments in the Russian markets.
- Represents biomedical companies dedicated to cancer detection and prevention in breach of contract claims and claims relating to investment disputes.
- Represented global financial institution in contract and securities claims concerning mortgage-backed securities in multiple state and federal courts.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Seton Hall Law Review
- Lander College for Men, Touro College, B.A., 2009, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey Law Journal’s Young Lawyer’s Advisory Board
- New York City Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee