Helen E. Tuttle defends clients in employment and business disputes, fostering expeditious, cost-effective and business-focused outcomes. She acts as a trusted advisor to her clients, offering a hands-on, responsive approach to complex matters in financial services, health care, retail, automotive and other industries. An experienced trial lawyer, Helen is prepared to handle cases through verdict and represents clients in state and federal courts, arbitrations and before agencies including the EEOC and the OFCCP.
In 2011, the New Jersey Supreme Court appointed Helen to the District XA Ethics Committee to investigate ethics complaints against attorneys. She has served as Vice-Chair (2013-2015) and Chair (2015-2017) of the committee. Helen also serves on the firm's Women's Leadership Committee and previously served as Co-Chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee.
Helen focuses on management-side labor and employment issues for a broad range of clients, from nonprofit organizations to Fortune 500 companies.
- Counsels clients through a variety of employment issues such as obligations under federal and state laws, disciplinary actions, terminations, reorganizations, reductions in workforce, due diligence, workplace safety, restrictive covenants.
- Assists clients in creating workplace cultures that mitigate the risk of legal action from employees, through reviewing company policies and conducting training sessions.
- Drafts and negotiates executive compensation agreements, severance and separation agreements, waivers and releases, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Conducts investigations in response to internal complaints involving high level executives.
- Defends charges of discrimination filed with the EEOC, state, and local agencies.
- Defends single and multi-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases in state and federal courts.
Most Influential Black Lawyers, Savoy Magazine (2015, 2018)
Chambers USA "Up and Coming" for New Jersey, Labor & Employment (2015–2017)
“Diverse Lawyers of the Year,” New Jersey Law Journal (2015)
“Forty Under 40”, NJBIZ (2013)
“40 Under 40,” New Jersey Law Journal (2011)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Helen Tuttle advises her clients on company policies and regularly defends companies in harassment, wrongful termination and unlawful employment litigation matters. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies and nonprofit organizations.Chambers USA 2017
Up-and-coming partner Helen Tuttle is an 'impressive lawyer,' according to sources, who find her 'accessible and practical' in her advice. She regularly advises management on how best to comply with state and federal employment laws, particularly in relation to force reductions and terminations.
– CHAMBERS USA (2016)
Helen Tuttle recently made partner, thereby continuing her impressive rise through the ranks. She has experience representing clients from a variety of industries, including financial services, automotive and retail.
– CHAMBERS USA (2015)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- District XA Ethics Committee (2011–Present)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Co-Chief Diversity Officer (2012–2013), Board Member (2012–2013)