Erin M. Turner represents insurance companies in both complex coverage litigation and litigation involving claims of bad faith and extra-contractual liability under primary, umbrella and excess general liability, professional liability and D&O insurance policies. These insurance disputes arise from a wide variety of underlying cases, including claims sexual abuse, asbestos exposure, construction defects, environmental contamination, copyright/trademark infringement, and securities claims/internal investigations. She has litigated disputes at the trial court and appellate level in a number of courts throughout the country.
Erin provides advice and counsel to insurance companies on the availability of coverage under general liability, professional liability and D&O insurance policies for a variety of underlying matters including claims of sexual abuse, construction defects, securities claims, copyright and trademark infringement, TCPA violations, and SEC investigations. She also serves as monitoring counsel in such matters, analyzing the underlying claims and providing advice on various aspects of the defense and settlement of such claims.
In addition to her insurance coverage practice, Erin has defended clients in a variety of general litigation matters arising out of personal injuries at theme parks, allegations of defective consumer products, and copyright infringement.
Following law school, Erin served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jerome J. Niedermeier, U.S. Magistrate Judge in the U.S. District Court, District of Vermont. Erin also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Robert E. Cowen, Senior Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Represented insurer in coverage action relating to underlying claims of clergy sexual abuse. -- United States Fidelity & Guaranty Company v. Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington, Vermont, Inc., Case No. 1:11-cv- 0168-jgm (USDC VT).
- Represented insurer in coverage action involving underlying claims of asbestos exposure. -- Black & Veatch Corporation v. Travelers Indemnity Company, Case No. 2:10-cv-02370-JAR.
- Representing Travelers Casualty & Surety Company in complex coverage litigation relating to underlying claims of environmental contamination. -- Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. v. Insurance Company of North America, et al., Docket No. UNN-L- 3230-08 (N.J. Super. Ct).
- Represented insurer in coverage action relating to an underlying construction claim. Obtained summary judgment finding no coverage. -- Illinois Union Insurance Co. v. Hydro International, PLC, Case No. 3:12-cv-0511 (USDC MD PA).
Legal Skills Scholar, William & Mary School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif, William & Mary Law Review
- Middlebury College, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- National Association of Women Lawyers