Matthew P. Smith concentrates his practice on complex products liability cases, primarily involving pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Matt has substantial experience in complex pharmaceutical actions in both state and federal courts, and has defended manufacturers in numerous cases involving over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs. He has significant involvement with all aspects of product liability cases, including overseeing discovery, authoring and arguing all types of motions, including dispositive motions, taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, preparing direct and cross-examinations at trial, and preparing witnesses for both deposition and trial testimony.
Matt has been a key member of the trial team for more than 10 pharmaceutical product liability jury trials.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)