Mollie D. Sitkowski assists clients in ensuring their internal processes meet Customs' "reasonable care" standard. She assists clients with various aspects of trade law, including valuation, classification, free trade agreements, country of origin determinations, and auditing their import documentation to identify potential issues and risk areas. Mollie also supports clients with export compliance, including advising on export screening and classification, and filing license classification requests and voluntary disclosures with the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). She works with clients to obtain beneficial outcomes from Customs' administrative processes by filing PEAs and Protests, submitting ruling requests, and filing prior disclosures. Additionally, Mollie assists in drafting briefs to the Court of International Trade and Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit concerning tariff classification disputes for firm clients.
While in law school, Mollie was a paralegal with the firm’s Customs & Trade practice.
- Represented a flexible packaging manufacturer before the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represented an importer of weather stations before the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Obtained beneficial classification rulings from CBP and BIS.
- Obtained licenses from BIS and OFAC.
- Developed import and export compliance procedures.
Dean’s List, Chicago-Kent College of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of San Diego, B.A., 2007, cum laude
- American Bar Association
- American Association of Exporters and Importers
- Chicago Bar Association
- Organization of Women in International Trade, Chicago Chapter, Treasurer
- Sarah’s Inn, Associate Board member