Susan M. Sharko concentrates her practice on products liability and has significant experience managing pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, as well as preparing and trying cases in state and federal courts around the country. She regularly serves as national coordinating counsel, New Jersey local counsel and science counsel. She has also successfully argued both Daubert and class action motions. She is a certified civil trial attorney and has been appointed lead and liaison counsel by state and federal courts around the country in mass tort litigation.
Susan is often invited to speak at industry conferences on topics including mass tort settlements, choice of law issues, punitive damages, and handling expert witnesses.
Chambers USA, Band 4 – Nationwide, Product Liability & Mass Torts (2018-2019)
Chambers USA, Band 5 – Nationwide, Product Liability & Mass Torts (2015-2017)
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Trial Bar Award (2018)
"Litigation Star," Benchmark Litigation (2017)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Sources say Susan Sharko is ‘a brilliant strategist who puts together the strategy she wants people to execute and works very closely to make sure everyone is on the same page.’ She garners high praise for her strength in coordinating multidistrict litigation, and fields significant expertise in complex pharmaceutical and medical device disputes.
Interviewees report: ‘When you think of product cases, you think of Susan Sharko.’Chambers USA (2019)
She is ‘a great trial lawyer,’ and clients particularly appreciate her tenacity, explaining that ‘she is a really excellent lawyer who is tough, aggressive and knows her stuff. Plaintiff lawyers are afraid of her.’
– CHAMBERS USA (2018)
Susan Sharko is a ‘great negotiator who understands the global implications any decision might have for a company.
– CHAMBERS USA (2016)
- New Jersey
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Lehigh University, B.A., 1976, with highest honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney by New Jersey Supreme Court, 1990, recertified to date
- Products Liability Advisory Counsel
- William J. Brennen, Jr. – Arthur Vanderbilt Inn of Court, Former Master
- American Law Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (Past President)
- Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey (Past Trustee)
- New Jersey Supreme Court Board on Trial Attorney Certification (Past Chairperson)
- District X Fee Arbitration Committee (Past Chairperson)