Steven M. Selna focuses on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, class actions and complex commercial litigation. He is currently lead counsel in a plaintiff joint coordinated proceeding with more than 11,000 parties pending in Los Angeles Superior Court. Steven also has significant experience defending actions brought by state Attorneys General, alleging false advertising, violation of state unfair trade practice act statutes and consumer fraud. He has particular experience in FDA regulatory matters. Steve also advises clients on supply chain and other compliance issues.
Steve is vice-chair of the firm's Products Liability and Mass Tort Group and serves as a member of the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, on which he previously served as co-chair. He is a former managing partner of the firm and regional partner in charge of the San Francisco office.
Before pursuing a law degree, Steven served as a legislative aide in the United States Congress.
- Represented companies in the national defense of state Attorneys General actions and class action litigation.
- Represented companies in commercial and business tort litigation, involving claims of breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud, theft of trade secrets and trade libel.
- Represented emerging technology and institutional clients in trade secret, trademark and patent infringement litigation in cases before state and federal courts in California.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Defense Research Institute
- American Intellectual Property Law Association