Claudia Schultze, Ph.D., represents clients in patent litigation, patent prosecution, counseling and opinions, reissue and reexamination, with a particular emphasis on the chemical fields. Claudia received her bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, which enables her to assist her clients in a broad range of matters.
During law school, Claudia served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Kent A. Jordan in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Prior to joining the firm, she worked for INVISTA, North America, S.a.r.l. (formerly DuPont Textiles), as a senior research engineer and market development manager for six years. Her research initiatives led to numerous patents and the development of new fiber and consumer products in the medical field and sports apparel. Claudia has authored numerous scientific articles, a book chapter and presentations and has presented her research both nationally and internationally.
Claudia is fluent in German.
- Represented large German Chemical Company in patent infringement matter.
- Represented German Company before the International Trade Commission under Section 337 of the Tariff Act (No. 337-TA-756). Part of team representing Ortho-McNeil (which sold once-daily tramadol (branded as Ultram® ER) under a license from Purdue) in an ANDA litigation (Purdue Pharma Prods. L.P. v. Par Pharm., Inc., 642 F. Supp. 2d 329 (D. Del. 2009)).
- Represented defendants Julius Glatz GmbH, LIPtec GmbH, and KneX Worldwide LLC in a patent infringement litigation relating to cigarette paper wrappers. The Commission affirmed the Administrative Law Judge’s finding of no infringement of one patent in suit, and invalidity of the second patent in suit. Certain Reduced Ignition Proclivity Cigarette Paper Wrappers and Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-756.
- Represented Seruga (Individually and as Sole Shareholder of Excellent Bakery Equipment Co., and EXCELLENT BAKERY EQUIPMENT CO., a New Jersey Corporation) in a Trademark litigation (Zinn vs. Seruga).
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Johns Hopkins University, Ph.D., 1998
- Technical University Berlin, M.A., 1995
- Technical University Berlin, B.S., 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware