Matthew C. Sapp assists clients with civil disputes in state, federal, and appellate courts from coast to coast. He has defended cases from start to resolution in numerous venues and has handled appeals in Texas, California, Georgia, and Arkansas, as well as in the United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits. He has experience handling cases in areas including commercial disputes, product liability, premises liability, subrogation, copyright and patent infringement, legal malpractice, employment disputes, and mass torts.
Before going into private practice, Matt served as a briefing attorney in the chambers of Justice William J. Boyce of the Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals, as well as an intern for the Hon. Sam R. Cummings of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Matt has litigated disputes for clients in a range of industries. His experience includes:
- Obtained defense verdict for large regional electrical services company in commercial dispute for alleged damages exceeding $2 million.
- Defended schools and an educational research corporation in employment disputes over negligent hiring, training, and supervision.
- Counsel for international metals company in defense of premises liability claims stemming from construction work at facility.
- Defended employment disputes on behalf of large corporations.
- Represented Fortune 100 oil company in business dispute with a storage facility.
- Defended manufacturers of products including industrial equipment, paint and coatings, chemicals, and others in national litigation.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2009, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Texas Tech Law Review - Articles Editor, Estate Planning & Community Property Law Journal - Articles Editor
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 2006, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Appellate Section
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute