Rachel Ryan counsels health care systems, hospitals, physicians and physician practices on regulatory, compliance and transactional matters. She assists her clients in developing the proper legal structures to implement their hospital-physician alignment strategies, including professional service arrangements, employment agreements, co-management contracts and captive professional corporation vehicles.
As a member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, Rachel advises her clients on a wide range of state and federal health care laws, including the Stark Law, the Anti-kickback Statute, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Rachel’s experience includes preparing and negotiating employment agreements, on-call agreements, exclusive service agreements, co-management agreements, and managed care agreements; guiding clients through voluntary disclosures to CMS and OIG; and assisting clients with physician practice acquisitions.
Rachel currently serves as Vice Chair of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Represented a philanthropic foundation in the formation of a teaching health center, created in collaboration with a health system and a university.
- Represented a pulmonary group in the sale of their practice to a health system.
- Represented health systems and hospitals in the acquisition of physician practices.
- Represented assisted living facilities in the sale of substantially all their assets to other buyers.
- Lead a hospital affiliation due diligence effort.
- Represented clients in the sale of dialysis centers.
- Formed and represent a consortium created to operate mobile emergency departments.
2016 Fellow of Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., summa cum laude, Valedictorian
- Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
- American Health Lawyers’ Association
- Capital District Black and Hispanic Bar Association
- Leadership Tech Valley Class of 2010
- New York State Bar Association
- Shaker Ridge Country Club, Vice President of the Board (Past President 2013-2014 – First female President)
- State of New York, Appellate Division, Third Department, Committee on Character and Fitness