Jodi Sydell Rosenzweig is skilled in the areas of civil litigation, trial work and appellate practice, and she brings her clients diverse experience in products liability, pharmaceutical defense, medical, psychiatric and dental malpractice, legal malpractice defense and personal injury litigation. Jodi defends pharmaceutical companies in mass tort, multicounty and multidistrict litigation with experience in Kemp/Daubert, federal preemption, class action, prescription drug and medical device warnings, learned intermediary doctrine, statutes of limitations, punitive damages, evidence, jurisdiction and procedural issues.
Jodi also represents clients in cases involving social host liability, the Tort Claims Act, premises liability and automobile accidents, including uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. Additionally, she represents national and regional law firms in a wide range of professional malpractice matters. Jodi is exceptionally adept in research, writing and oral argument at both the trial and appellate level.
Within the firm, Jodi has been the Creative Director, Chair and Administrator of the Take our Children to Work Day Moot Court Program since 1995; she is a member of the Women’s Leadership Committee and a volunteer mentor for the First Year Associate Training Program.
- Blessing v. Johnson & Johnson, Docket No. L-4891-07, 2010 WL 772211 (N.J. Super. App. Div. Mar. 5, 2010), certif. granted, 202 N.J. 345 (2010), dismissed as moot, 206 N.J. 36 (2011)
- Podias v. Mairs, 394 N.J. Super. 338 (App. Div. 2007)
- Bender v. Adelson, 187 N.J. 411 (2006)
- Housley v. Wave Energy Systems, Inc., 343 N.J. Super. 574 (App. Div. 2001)
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1983, cum laude
- Emory University, B.A., 1980, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Defense Association (NJDA), Products Liability Committee, Product Officer Liason
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Product Liability and Toxic Tort Section, Products Liability, Medicine and Law, Trial Techniques & Appellate Advocacy Committees
- Defense Research Institute
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS)
- Georgetown University Law Center Parents Leadership Council Charter
- Emory College Alumni Board (Past Member)