Diego J. Rosado represents a wide range of clients in various civil litigations and arbitrations, before both trial and appellate courts. Diego’s practice focuses particularly on complex commercial matters and business disputes, including contract disputes, false advertising actions, construction disputes, matters involving fraud and fiduciary duty violations, employment litigations, securities arbitrations before FINRA, and consumer disputes. Diego is an effective litigator who has achieved favorable outcomes for clients in federal court, state court, and arbitration.
Additionally, Diego serves as a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, as well as a member of the firm’s Associates’ Committee. Diego is also involved in the firm’s hiring and supervision of its annual summer associate class and regularly mentors more junior lawyers.
Diego is an active member of the New Jersey and Essex County Bar Associations. Notably, Diego previously served on the NJSBA’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Unmet Legal Needs, which was designed to implement new initiatives that would provide legal services to low- and moderate-income New Jersey residents while offering opportunities to unemployed and under-employed New Jersey attorneys. Additionally, Diego provides hundreds of hours of pro bono legal services each year, and has experience in civil rights litigations and post-conviction proceedings.
Following graduation from law school, Diego served as a judicial clerk to Justice Helen E. Hoens of the New Jersey Supreme Court from 2011–2012. Diego’s clerkship provided him exposure to dozens of civil litigations, in the commercial context and otherwise, before New Jersey’s highest state court.
- Represents a leading healthcare liability insurer in an advertising litigation.
- Represents a prominent real estate development group in a litigation with its commercial tenant.
- Represents a premier wedding and special event venue in a complex construction matter against its former general contractor and various subcontractors.
- Represented several luxury automotive dealerships in litigations against a former executive and other management-level employees.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in a commercial litigation against a former product supplier.
- Represented a technology solutions provider in a dispute with a former business partner.
- Represented a broker-dealer in an arbitration against a financial adviser formerly employed by the broker-dealer.
- Represented executives of a data analytics company in an employment-related dispute.
Clients have consistently recognized Diego’s ability to present a 'clear and persuasive' analysis of the issues at stake and for his 'strong' legal writing skills.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Seton Hall Law Review
- The College of New Jersey, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- NJSBA, Blue Ribbon Commission on Unmet Legal Needs