Savir S. Punia advises clients on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, the formation, organization and funding of start-up businesses, venture financing, securities, corporate governance and general business counseling. He has extensive experience representing large companies in connection with public company matters, including ongoing reporting obligations under U.S. securities laws and regulations, and in corporate governance and major healthcare transactions.
Savir also has experience representing a large media company in intellectual property licensing and film and television production. He has provided support and guidance to patent holders facing invalidity proceedings in Brazilian courts; and has developed best practices for IP management and licensing for nonprofit organizations with regard to pharmaceutical drug development partnerships.
Savir joined Drinker Biddle from a publicly traded American health care company where he focused on domestic and international corporate matters, securities, and finance matters. During law school, Savir served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jesus Bernal of the U.S. District Court of the Central District of California, a legal intern in the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the District of Minnesota, and a legal intern in the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office. Savir is fluent in Punjabi.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2014, Minnesota Journal of Law, Science and Technology - Lead Note & Comment Editor
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2010
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Pro Bono Advisory Board
- Asian Pacific Bar Association of Los Angeles
- National Asian Pacific Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association – Southern California, Public Interest Foundation Board Member