John R. Przypyszny counsels institutions of higher education, education companies as well as accrediting agencies on the broad range of legal issues and education law related issues that impact their institutions and businesses on a day-to-day basis. He advises clients on education law matters involving the U.S. Department of Education, accrediting bodies, state agencies and other government regulators. He also has extensive experience advising institutions of higher education on the statutory and regulatory requirements of federal student financial aid programs under Title IV of the Higher Education Act. John leads the Government and Regulatory Affairs Practice Group's Education Team.
At the forefront of developments in the education industry, John also has extensive experience executing transactions on behalf of institutions of higher education, education companies, as well as private investors and lenders to the education sector. He also provides advice to educational institutions and organizations on issues relating to corporate governance and organization.
John also counsels on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues that regularly affect accrediting bodies. He has assisted accrediting agencies in the development and application of accrediting standards.
John is closely involved with the policy issues that impact higher education. He has served as a negotiator in the Department of Education’s negotiated rulemaking that resulted in the Higher Education Amendments of 1998. He is a frequent speaker on educational issues and has published a compendium on distance education for the National Association of College and University Attorneys, where he is an Associate Individual Member.
- Represents institutions in matters before the U.S. Department of Education.
- Counsels clients on U.S. Department of Education, state and accrediting requirements.
- Advises clients on legal matters that arise from institutional participation in federal student aid programs.
- Advises clients on change of ownership processes and requirements.
- Represents numerous educational institutions, private equity funds, and investors on transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, and conversions of for-profit and non-profit institutions.
- Represents clients in connection with agreements with third-party providers, including agreements to provide various support services, including services involving course development and on-line delivery, to educational institutions.
- Represents banks and bond issuers on issues pertaining to loans or bond offerings to educational institutions.
- Advises accrediting agencies on standards and polices.
- Advises accreditors on federal policy issues impacting accreditation.
- Advises accrediting agencies on U.S. Department of Education requirements.
- Advises clients on federal and state policy issues impacting education.
- Advises clients on legislative developments impacting education.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1990, cum laude
- Georgetown University, A.B., 1987, with honors
- Associate Individual Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys