Glenn S. Pantel represents clients in the areas of land development, commercial real estate transactions and related regulatory matters including wetlands issues, ISRA compliance, waterfront development, Mt. Laurel housing, and local zoning and planning approvals. He represents a number of major developers and corporate users in connection with large scale, sophisticated development plans and acquisitions throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Glenn represents many major developers and corporate users in commercial real estate transactions. Among his recent representative matters:
- Representation of Matrix Development for matters in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In New Jersey, in the development of over 10,000,000 square feet of industrial and distribution center facilities in Robbinsville, Monroe, Burlington, and South Brunswick Townships, New Jersey; and in the acquisition of the Commonwealth Corporate Center, Horsham, Pa., including variances and development of approvals from Horsham Township and Montgomery County; establishment of golf and access easements for an 18-hole Arnold Palmer designed course meandering through and initially under common ownership with the corporate park; implementation of a multimillion-dollar public-private partnership for road improvements; resolution of condemnation issues; addressing environmental matters related to an adjacent U.S. military airport facility.
- Representation of The Hampshire Companies in the acquisition, financing and leasing of several hundred million dollars of industrial, office and retail properties throughout the United States, including a 1,000,000-square-foot mixed-use residential, retail, office, hotel conference center and structure parking complex in Woodbridge at the Metropark Amtrak station; a new retail development project for Dick’s Sporting Goods; building disposition and related residential rezoning for PNC Bank headquarters; rezoning and development approvals for a new 280,000-square-foot headquarters for Realogy Corp.
- Representation of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC in approvals for a 626,000-square-foot warehouse/office facility.
- Representation of Erickson Living Management in rezonings, use variances and site plan approvals for multiple continuing care retirement communities containing more than 4,000 independent living, assisted living and nursing care units.
- Representation of IDI Gazeley (formerly Industrial Developments International, Inc.) on development projects encompassing some 3,000,000 square feet of industrial facilities.
- Representation of Trammell Crow Company in development projects encompassing more than 10,000,000 square feet of commercial and industrial floor area.
Glenn handles regulatory matters including wetlands issues, ISRA compliance, waterfront development, housing and local zoning and planning approvals for clients. His representative matters include:
- Representation of DP Partners on a 1,000-acre acquisition for industrial and distribution center development in the Pureland Complex, Logan Township, Gloucester County, including addressing wetlands issues, waterfront development permit requirements, and sewer and water infrastructure.
- Representation of Trammell Crow Company in the acquisition and development of Horizon Corporate Center, Mount Laurel Township, Burlington County, including resolution with Army Corps and NJDEP of wetlands issues caused by prior developer, preservation of wetlands exemptions for future development, subdivision and site plan approvals for new office and hotel development, negotiation of NJDOT Developer’s Agreement, creation of park covenants and owners’ association, and negotiation of water and sewer reservation agreement.
- Representation of Erickson Retirement Communities on 2,000-unit Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Tinton Falls, Monmouth County and in Pequannock Township, Morris County, including rezoning, municipal boundary line adjustment/annexation, general development plan approval, site plan approval, resolution of wetlands issues and negotiation of sewer agreements.
- Representation of AES and Competitive Power Ventures in the acquisition, siting and development of gas-fired electric power generation facilities.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
The 'excellent in every way' Glenn Pantel is a highly respected figure in the market for his knowledge and experience of land use and zoning issues. Clients note his impressive technical knowledge of the law, saying: 'Nobody in the state of New Jersey knows land use law better than Glenn,' while also adding: 'At the same time he's not just an academic, he's a great presenter and very persuasive.'
– CHAMBERS USA (2018)
Glenn Pantel is particularly highly regarded for his advice on zoning matters. Clients are impressed by ‘the depth of his relationships and connections across many municipalities.’
– CHAMBERS USA (2017)
Sources highlight Glenn Pantel as an 'utterly outstanding' lawyer for land use, zoning and planning work, with one peer saying: 'If it was a big project I would call Glenn. He is the best land use lawyer in the state right now for sophisticated transactions and developments.' He recently secured development approval for a 156,000 square foot expansion of a facility for Mercedes-Benz.Chambers USA (2016)
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1978
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey