Michele C. O'Dowd provides counsel to national and regional developers, real estate investment funds, owners and operators, tenants, lenders and borrowers in connection with a broad range of commercial real estate matters. She handles acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, joint ventures, commercial condominiums and land development matters.
Michele has experience with many property types, including office, industrial, retail, self-storage warehousing, continuing care retirement communities, medical office condominiums, farmland, outdoor advertising structures and mixed-use properties.
Michele’s recent speaking engagements include tailored seminars to client management and transaction teams on recent bulk sales law, realty transfer fee and controlling interest transfer tax law changes.
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Michele clerked for the Honorable Lorraine C. Parker of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
- Represented a real estate investment fund in connection with a $185 million secured term loan involving a portfolio of 23 properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented a startup real estate private equity organization in the acquisition, joint venture, financing and leaseback of a retail/mixed use project in New Jersey.
- Represented a national developer in connection with the disposition of a retail building in Alabama, anchored by the largest employee-owned supermarket chain.
- Represented a joint venture in the formation of an 106,000 square foot medical office condominium, construction financing and subsequent sales of individual medical condominium units in New Jersey.
- Represented a real estate developer in connection with the sale of a New Jersey shopping mall anchored by a leading regional supermarket chain.
- Represented a regional developer in the sale of a Pennsylvania property approved for the development of a mixed density, age-qualified project consisting of 350 single family homes.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in a $49 million construction financing of a LEED-certified office building in New Jersey, which will serve as headquarters for a global provider of real estate and relocation services.
- Represented a lender in connection with mortgage financing to a franchisee of an international doughnut and coffee retailer.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a $10 million refinancing of a New Jersey shopping mall as well as a $5 million loan under the New Jersey Clean Energy program for the design and installation of a solar-powered energy generation system on the rooftop of the mall.
- Represented an institutional real estate investment fund in connection with a syndicated $40 million senior secured revolving credit facility and $5 million syndicated senior secured term loan secured by a portfolio of 13 properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a refinancing secured by an indemnity deed of trust on a Maryland shopping center.
- Represented a commercial real estate finance and investment company in a financing secured by a portfolio of four distressed, mid-rise apartment buildings containing 270 apartments.
- Represented a national developer and operator of continuing care retirement communities in obtaining development approvals for a 2,000-unit community in New Jersey and a $69 million bond financing.
- Represented a national developer in connection with obtaining development approvals for 1,800,000 square feet of warehouse and distribution facilities as well as a 190,000 square foot warehouse expansion in New Jersey.
- Represented a real estate developer in connection with the acquisitions and dispositions of outdoor advertising structures.
- New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude, Widener Law Journal
- Wellesley College, B.A., 1995, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey