Remy Nshimiyimana advises clients on corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities laws compliance, corporate governance, and commercial contracts. A significant part of his practice involves international corporate transactions.
Remy has represented companies and private equity firms on multiple matters. He also represents public companies in respect to securities offerings and compliance matters, including ongoing reporting obligations under U.S. securities laws and regulations. Remy also counsels large and small companies on commercial agreements.
Remy grew up in Rwanda. He came to the United States in 2003 and is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. He is fluent in French and Kinyarwanda.
- Represented a number of non-U.S. clients in acquisitions of U.S.-based companies, including:
- A French world-class computer numerical control (CNC) machining provider serving the aerospace industry in its acquisition of a U.S.-based manufacturer of aircraft parts and assemblies.
- A UK-based supplier of high-performance components, composite structures and airframe sub-assemblies in its acquisition of a U.S.-based manufacturer of aircraft parts and assemblies.
- Represented a private equity fund operating in the transportation sector in connection with:
- An acquisition of a controlling interest in a provider of transportation services to the industrial gas industry.
- An acquisition of a controlling interest in a leading direct-to-consumer marketer, administrator and payment plan provider for vehicle services contracts.
- Represented a private investment firm that acquires high growth, innovative manufacturing, technology and services companies in connection with various acquisitions.
- Represented a global media and technology company in connection with a consumer-oriented health care technology joint venture.
- Represented a leading specialized contracting services company in its acquisition of a leading educational and training institution serving the electric power industry.
- Represented a global independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions in several strategic acquisitions.
- Represented a global provider of postsecondary education in the acquisition of a health sciences graduate institution.
- Represents multiple clients in connection with corporate governance matters, including company formation matters, drafting bylaws and operating agreements and other organizational and governing documents, and drafting board and shareholder resolutions.
- Represents foreign companies in connection with corporate governance and operational matters, particularly as relates to the operation of subsidiaries in the U.S.
- Represented several publicly traded companies with respect to federal securities law compliance and reporting obligations.
- Works with clients on documenting general commercial arrangements, including supplier agreements and services agreements.
- Represents a major global retailer in its merchandising, marketing and supply chain operations, including drafting and negotiating various agreements with vendors and service providers.
- Completed a five-month secondment to the in-house legal department of a major global retailer, working on multiple engagements with vendors and service providers.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011, Journal of International Law
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris, Master – Droit et globalisation économique
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master 2 Pro Droit de la Globalisation économique
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude
- Justice at Work (formerly known as Friends of Farmworkers), Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Alliance Française
- French-American Chamber of Commerce, Philadelphia Chapter
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Philadelphia Chapter