Sumaya M. Noush counsels health care clients on strategic and operational matters including transactions, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. She helps her clients navigate the daily challenges of running their operations while identifying opportunities for growth in today’s rapidly evolving and highly competitive health care market. Sumaya is also well-versed in both clinical and research ethics and routinely advises clients on biomedical ethics and related legal standards.
Sumaya is an active contributor to the DBR on Data blog, where she regularly publishes material on a wide range of health care information privacy issues, including HIPAA enforcement efforts and government-issued cybersecurity guidance. Sumaya also authored the Illinois section of the American Health Lawyers Association’s current Health Care Fraud Law 50-State Survey. She currently serves on the 2019 Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys Membership Committee and Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Advises clients on strategic corporate transactions within the health care industry.
- Assists hospitals and health system entities with medical staff issues including credentialing and fair hearing matters.
- Counsels health care clients on a variety of compliance matters related to:
- HIPAA privacy and security.
- Confidentiality of substance use disorder patient records.
- Section 1557 nondiscrimination.
- OIG exclusion.
- Complex state licensure issues.
- Provides a large health system continuous support with strategic post-acute care initiatives.
- Served as lead associate on tax-exempt bond financing matters.
Health Law Fellow, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
CALI Award: Health Care Business & Finance, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
CALI Award: Health Law Legal Writing, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., Certificates in Health Law and Health Care Compliance, 2016, Annals Heath Law Journal
- Loyola University Chicago, M.A., Bioethics and Health Policy, Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics, Stritch School of Medicine, 2016
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A. & B.S., 2013, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association, Health Law
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys:
Membership Committee (2018 – present)
Diversity & Inclusion Committee (2019 – present)
- Illinois Bar Association
- SOS Children’s Villages of Illinois, Emerging Leaders Board
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois