John M. Moore serves his clients, whom include major national insurance companies, by providing advice, counsel, and representation involving complex litigation, regulatory, compliance, and transactional issues. He has litigated cases on both the federal and state court level, and has also arbitrated cases on both the domestic and international level.
In particular, John represents major life insurance companies in litigation involving, among other things, claims obligations, lapse issues, structured settlements, cases involving material misrepresentations, and the secondary market for insurance and stranger-originated life insurance (STOLI). He also counsels life insurance companies with regard to regulatory and compliance issues.
John also represents carriers active in the long-term care insurance industry. He defends such carriers in claims litigation, and provides counsel with regard to regulatory, compliance, and transactional issues. Additionally, John has experience counseling clients with regard to issues involving environmental insurance, structuring corporate transactions, and analyzing coverage under liability insurance policies.
Outside of the insurance space, John has represented companies in complex litigation, including representing an international company before the arbitration wing of the International Chamber of Commerce. He also has experience with the financial services industry, including with issues facing foreclosing mortgagors and servicers of mortgages, as well as issues implicated by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Before joining the firm’s Insurance Practice Group, John was a member of the firm's Corporate & Securities Practice Group, where he represented a variety of companies, both public and private, in a number of matters, including the private sale of a portfolio company, financing by a lender of private transactions, and preparation of a tender offer by a publicly traded company. He also assisted in the development of a treatise and set of forms meant to guide those seeking to establish a limited liability company under the laws of Pennsylvania. John continues to utilize his corporate law experience by counseling clients in the insurance industry, both carriers and brokers, in corporate, transactional, and compliance-related matters.
- Represented multiple insurance carriers in litigation over validity of policies issued pursuant to material misrepresentations and/or wagering schemes in various federal courts at both the trial court and appellate levels.
- Defended life insurance carrier in lapse case in Pennsylvania state court.
- Represented long term care insurance carrier in purported class action lawsuit.
- Defended long-term care insurance carriers in multiple cases involving claims obligations.
- Counseled long-term care insurance carrier with regard to possible creation of affiliated third-party administrator.
- Defended an international software company in an international arbitration based out of Paris, France.
- Prepared quarterly and annual public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business, M.B.A., 2008, magna cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., 2004, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin