Chanda A. Miller handles complex commercial litigation, including products liability, antitrust, and appellate litigation. Chanda defends major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in multidistrict litigation, coordinated state proceedings, and individual cases involving claims of personal injury, price-fixing claims, alleged false claims act violations, and consumer protection claims. Her appellate experience includes work on successful appeals in state and federal courts across the country.
Prior to joining the firm, Chanda completed a one-year clerkship with the Honorable William H. Yohn Jr. (Ret.) in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. While in law school, she completed an externship with the Honorable Bruce W. Kauffman (Ret.) in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and an internship with the Honorable Glynnis D. Hill in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas, Criminal Division.
- Part of the national counsel team for mass tort litigation involving an anticoagulant in federal and state courts.
- Defending pharmaceutical manufacturer in various civil actions filed by state attorneys general alleging Medicaid fraud and violations of state consumer protection and deceptive trade practices acts.
- Defending pharmaceutical manufacturer in various state court actions alleging product liability, breach of warranty, and common law fraud.
- Representing a defendant in nationwide price-fixing class action, including on interlocutory appeal of district court’s class certification order, where the Third Circuit Court of Appeals vacated the order and held for the first time that a Daubert standard of admissibility applies to expert testimony at the class certification stage.
- Representing Commonwealth agency on appeal of decisions made by the agency to approve a regulatory transaction before the agency and to deny petitions to intervene in that transaction; and acting as legal advisor to the agency in connection with matters relating to its examination of the underlying regulatory transaction.
Chanda also maintains an active pro bono practice. Her representative pro bono matters include:
- Representing amicus curiae in the U.S. Supreme Court on issues related to First Amendment protections.
- Representing students with disabilities and their parents who have limited English proficiency in due process hearings related to the school district’s failure to provide a free and appropriate public education to the students and failure to provide the requisite interpretation and translation services as part of the development of the students’ individualized education programs.
- Representing minors and adults in name change and birth certificate amendment proceedings.
Pro Bono Award, Education Law Center (2016)
The Public Interest Law Center Pro Bono Partner of the Month (May 2015)
Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society (1999)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude, Temple Law Review - Editor-in-Chief
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A., 2000, with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Historic St. George’s United Methodist Church, Board of Trustees