Matthew H. Meyers advises public and private companies on corporate and securities matters. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate governance and capital-raising transactions in the public and private markets. Matt also counsels companies on public company reporting obligations, employment and compensation arrangements, and general corporate matters. Matt is vice chair of the firm's Corporate and Securities Group.
In particular, Matt represents strategic buyers, private equity concerns and their portfolio companies in M&A transactions and other strategic initiatives. He also advises IPO-stage and seasoned public companies on capital markets transactions and periodic reporting and disclosure matters under the federal securities laws and NYSE and NASDAQ regulatory regimes. Matt has counseled venture capital and startup clients on financing transactions in both the emerging company and middle markets.
Matt was a member of the inaugural class of ACG University, an in-depth educational and networking program for M&A professionals conducted by the Association for Corporate Growth, a global network of leading dealmakers. He remains involved with ACG, and for the last several years has served as an ACG University faculty member.
Matt’s recent representative matters include:
- The $203 million initial public offering of Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm, as well as follow-on offerings on Forms S-1 and S-3 and ongoing public company compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Cott Corporation (NYSE: COT), a leading beverage manufacturer, with respect to M&A, capital markets, federal securities law compliance, and strategic and general corporate matters. In particular, over the last five years Matt has advised Cott on acquisition and divestiture transactions ranging from $50 million to over $1 billion, which have involved, among other things, the restructuring of a global credit facility, private placements, public offerings and redemptions of debt and equity securities, and extensive international tax structuring.
- A truck leasing and rental company in M&A and joint venture matters, and in the issuance of approximately $10 billion of senior debt in a series of Rule 144A offerings.
- A private equity fund focusing on the transportation sector and its portfolio companies in acquisition and divestiture transactions and other strategic initiatives.
- A number of registered investment advisers in investment company acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Several family offices in acquisitions, divestitures and investment transactions.
- The owners of a leading provider of gear-drive systems for the industrial and military marine sectors in the $200 million sale of that business.
- A facilities maintenance provider in a $70 million tuck-in acquisition, including negotiation of a complex earn-out structure.
- On a pro bono basis, a nonprofit Philadelphia children’s services organization in its merger with another local children’s charity.
- The initial public offering of a medical device company focusing on spine surgery.
- Federal securities law compliance and general corporate matters for a NASDAQ-listed alternative energy company.
- U.S. securities law compliance for a dual-listed (NASDAQ and TSX) Canadian medical device manufacturer, including in connection with a going-private transaction.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2006, Virginia Tax Review; Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2001