Alexander S. Meiseles represents clients in a variety of corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture transactions, the formation, organization and funding of start-up businesses, venture financing, private placements of securities, corporate governance and general business counseling. Alex has extensive experience structuring, drafting definitive documentation, negotiating and closing transactions of this nature.
Alex has served as the lead associate on dozens of M&A transactions, with deal sizes ranging from several million dollars to over $1 billion, working with both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers. He has also represented a number of clients in various industries in business combination transactions, such as joint ventures. Alex has experience advising start-up clients and their founders from inception, during the business’ development, and through the founders’ successful exit. He also routinely counsels clients, in particular in the technology and real estate industries, in connection with equity raises by means of private placements of securities.
Alex previously served a two-year term as chair of the firm’s Associates Committee.
- Legrand North and Central America, an electrical and digital building infrastructure company, in various acquisitions, including its recent acquisitions of Universal Electric Corporation and Kenall and its $1.2 billion acquisition of Milestone AV Technologies
- Ascensus, the nation’s largest independent retirement and college savings services provider, in over 30 acquisitions, including its acquisitions of Nyhart, United Retirement Plan Consultants, Provident Trust Group, and Sallie Mae’s 529 college savings plan administrator, Upromise Investments
- LiquidityEdge, a financial technology services provider, in its corporate organizational work and $150 million sale to MarketAxess Holdings Inc.
- PrimaLoft, Inc. in its sale to Victor Capital Partners, Allstate private equity group and members of PrimaLoft management
- The Conti Group in its sale of a controlling interest in its solar business, CS Energy, specializing in developing, designing, installing and operating utility and commercial scale solar energy systems, to an entity controlled by Ares Energy Investors Fund
- GlynnDevins, a portfolio company of CIP Capital and the leading technology-enabled marketing firm serving the senior living sector, in its acquisition of Murdock Marketing, a senior living-focused sales consulting company
- Strategic Products and Services, a systems integrator and managed service solutions company, in connection with its acquisitions of Adcap Network Systems, a unified communications provider, and ExtraTeam, an information technology solution provider
- A private company in its initial purchase of substantially all of the assets of a printing company through a joint venture in which it owns a controlling interest, and its subsequent buy-out of the other members of the joint venture
- The owners of ExecuPharm, Inc., a leading global functional service provider (FSP) serving the biopharmaceutical industry, in their sale to PAREXEL International Corporation
- ENSO LP and affiliates, providers of data analytics to financial institutions, in its equity sale to ICAP plc.
- MediaShift Technologies, a digital ad tech company, including its corporate organizational work and its financing to, and ultimate purchase of substantially all of the assets of, MediaShift, Inc.
- Cape Advisors in negotiation of joint ventures and consummation of equity raises and financing of multiple $100 million residential real estate developments in Manhattan
- Cape Resorts, a division of Cape Advisors, in refinancing of Baron’s Cove in Sag Harbor, New York, and refinancing of Congress Hall Hotel and other commercial properties and equity raises in Cape May, New Jersey
- The Hampshire Companies in negotiation of joint ventures and consummation of equity raises of multiple real estate development projects located in New Jersey
- California-based family office in connection with joint venture projects and prospective acquisitions
- A private equity firm in the sale of a multinational manufacturer in the transportation sector
- A financial services company in connection with corporate organizational matters, including transfers of ownership securities and the admission of new security holders, as well as in connection with its acquisition of a municipal securities “broker’s broker”
- A startup company in the infrared technology space with corporate organizational matters and its subsequent offering of Series Seed Preferred Stock
- A publicly traded company in connection with multiple divestitures of business segments that provide military and civilian aircraft components and other parts and metal forming machines
- An international educational services provider in connection with a management buyout from a private equity seller
- A private label tea and coffee company based in the United Kingdom in the acquisition of a U.S.-based natural ingredients supplier
- A medical device design and manufacturing business in connection with its sale to a robotic-assisted surgery company
- New Jersey
- New York
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2012, Columbia Journal of Environmental Law, Parker School Certificate in Foreign and Comparative Law
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association, Business Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section