Brendan P. McHugh represents clients in civil litigation in federal and state court and in arbitrations involving commercial matters. He also counsels clients on potential litigation.
Brendan has defended clients across sectors including financial, health care and retail in a myriad of disputes. His experience ranges from written discovery and depositions to direct involvement and support in arbitrations and trials.
Brendan has an active pro bono practice, for which he was recognized by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania as a member of the 2017 Roll of Honor. He is an active contributor to the firm’s California Retail Class Actions Initiative and the Environmental Crimes subgroup within the firm’s White Collar Team.
Brendan also has experience in appellate practice. He is a member of a team that had its allocatur petition to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court granted in December 2017.
Before joining the firm, Brendan was a competitive swimmer at the international level representing the United States as a multiple-time member of the National Team. He was an All-American at the University of Pennsylvania, a 2014 National Champion, and currently holds the U.S. Open Record in the 50-meter breaststroke.
- New Jersey
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Washington and Lee Law Review – Lead Articles Editor (2014–2015); Staff Writer (2013–2014)
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2012, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Washington and Lee University, Omicron Delta Kappa