Erin E. McCracken works on complex commercial litigation matters, including in the entertainment industry, while maintaining a strong foundation in appellate and intellectual property matters. Erin also has extensive experience in the defense of complex class action matters.
Representing a broad base of clients, Erin also has extensive experience in a wide array of real property matters, including development, acquisition, and sale of improved and unimproved real property. She also has experience in land use development law, and advises clients with respect to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) issues.
During law school, Erin served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Marilyn Hall Patel of the U.S. District Court of Northern California.
- Defended class action involving premium increases in CalPERS’ long term care program -- Sanchez v. CalPERS, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC517444
- Defended officers and directors in securities fraud class action -- Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement System v. Ixia; 2:13-CV-08440-MMM
- Defended, on behalf of a renewable energy development company, a case involving claims brought under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Represented Caruso Affiliated in an unfair competition action concerning the development of a regional shopping center in Glendale, California (after an eight week jury trial, Caruso Affiliated received a favorable verdict and a damage award of $89.2 million). -- Caruso Affiliated v. General Growth Properties, Inc.
- Represented leading cell phone service provider in appellate matter regarding private rights of action to enforce compensation provisions of the Federal Communications Act. Published opinion North County Communications Corp. v. California Catalog & Technology, 594 F.3d 1149 (2010), cert. denied 562 U.S. 1062 (2010).
Prosser Prize in Contracts, International Law and Real Estate Transactions
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2006, Order of the Coif
- University of Arizona, M.A., 2003
- Brown University, A.B., 1999, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Lambda Legal