George S. McCall focuses his practice in insurance coverage and commercial litigation. He routinely counsels insurer clients and litigates aviation, commercial property, liability, environmental, extra-contractual, and reinsurance claims before state and federal courts, and in arbitration, throughout the United States. An experienced trial attorney, George also represents commercial clients in lawsuits including catastrophic personal injury, product liability, transportation, construction defect, oil and gas, and labor and employment issues. He also has an extensive resort and hospitality practice, representing major hotel owners and properties throughout the United States.
George is board certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a Chambers USA “Recognised Practitioner” Texas – Insurance (2018).
- National coordinating counsel for plumbing fixture manufacturer.
- Coordinating counsel for commercial liability insurer in lawsuits arising from personal injury and property damage claims following Hurricane Rita.
- Coordinating counsel for commercial excess liability insurer in lawsuits involving hundreds of personal injury and property damage claims stemming from a plant explosion and fire.
- Unanimous arbitration award on behalf of managed care company seeking defense and indemnity from insurance carrier in underlying commercial disputes.
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving significant personal injuries in premises liability case.
- Bench trial ruling in declaratory judgment action resulting in recovery of retained limit on behalf of commercial umbrella liability insurer pertaining to settlement of underlying catastrophic personal injury case.
- Successful recovery of local insurance policy proceeds in litigation in the Bahamas regarding policy interpretation and priority of insurance coverages on behalf of primary and excess insurance companies.
- Adjudicated dismissal of declaratory judgment action seeking patent infringement coverage under a liability policy, and asserting extra-contractual claims.
- Summary adjudication ruling in declaratory judgment action on behalf of personal lines insurer seeking declaration that exclusion precluded any duty to defend or indemnify insured in underlying personal injury claim.
- Adjudicated dismissal of resort client in a multi-party wrongful death case on grounds of forum non conveniens.
- Dismissal of commercial auto insurer and commercial liability insurer in a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a putative additional insured for damage to a cargo load resulting from an overturned tractor-trailer.
- Dismissal of declaratory judgment action brought by insured under commercial excess liability policy seeking defense against lawsuits for personal injuries stemming from catastrophic explosion of a plant.
- Dismissal of a medical products manufacturer in a suit for personal injury.
- Dismissal of a contractor in an oil and gas dispute over royalties.
- Dismissal of a self-insured client and primary insurance carrier in a dispute over priority of insurance coverages involving additional insured.
- Adjudicated dismissal of hotel client in a non-subscriber personal injury case.
- Multi-week trial of quadriplegic case on behalf of public entity with favorable resolution.
Chambers USA "Recognised Practitioner" Insurance - Texas (2018-2019)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New York
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- New York Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas State Bar Association