Diane J. Mason assists national and international clients in developing, maintaining, and protecting their trademark portfolios. She advises on the clearance of marks and has globally prosecuted hundreds of trademarks involving well-known consumer brands and goods. Diane also works with clients to aggressively enforce trademarks, copyrights, and patents in federal and state courts, as well as before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and ICANN. Additionally, Diane counsels clients in all aspects of their trademark use to protect the strength of their marks and reduce the risk of infringement liability.
Diane’s more than 25-year career reflects strategic inroads into the practice of intellectual property law with particular strength in the areas of litigation and trademarks.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1993
- University of California, Davis, B.S., 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- California State Bar Association: Member, Intellectual Property Section