Joanne C. Lewers is a litigation partner and member of the Antitrust Practice Group. In addition to advising on antitrust matters, she works on consumer protection and other complex cases.
Joanne represents clients involved in state and federal antitrust suits alleging conspiracy and monopolization claims. She also appears before the federal antitrust agencies on behalf of clients seeking antitrust clearance for their proposed mergers or acquisitions. She regularly offers clients antitrust compliance counseling in a range of settings.
Joanne has represented clients in a number of different industries, including food service, transportation equipment, industrial equipment, pharmaceuticals, health care, software, computer hardware, and other high-tech fields.
Joanne is the firm’s Hiring Partner and former co-chair of the Antitrust Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Joanne was with the Federal Trade Commission where she investigated mergers and acquisitions in various industries, including pharmaceuticals and industrial equipment. While at the FTC, Joanne also served as an Assistant to the Director of the Bureau of Competition.
- A pharmaceutical company in a class action alleging a price-fixing conspiracy involving blood reagents.
- A pharmaceutical company in various consumer protection and state false claims act cases brought by state attorneys general.
- A pharmaceutical company in California state court case alleging pharmaceutical manufacturers engaged in conspiracy to fix prices of prescription drugs.
- A healthcare provider in a Sherman Act Section 2 case alleging monopolization claims in the provision of ambulance services.
- A healthcare solutions company’s acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- A private equity firm’s divestiture of a transportation equipment company.
- A private equity firm’s divestiture of a manufacturer of protective products for automobiles
- A computer hardware and software firm in various acquisitions of technology and service providers.
- A scientific equipment manufacturer’s acquisition of a high-performance measurement instruments manufacturer.
- Antitrust compliance training for consortia clients.
- District of Columbia
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section’s Joint Conduct Committee, Vice-Chair
- ABA, Books & Treatises Committee (Past Vice-Chair)