Joanne C. Lewers is vice chair of the firm's Litigation Group and member of the Antitrust Group. In addition to advising on antitrust matters, she works on consumer protection and other complex matters.
Joanne represents clients involved in state and federal antitrust suits alleging conspiracy and monopolization claims. She also appears before the federal antitrust agencies on behalf of clients seeking antitrust clearance for their proposed mergers or acquisitions. She regularly offers clients antitrust compliance counseling in a range of settings.
Joanne has represented clients in a number of different industries, including food service, beverages, education, transportation equipment, industrial equipment, pharmaceuticals, health care, software, computer hardware, and other high-tech fields.
Joanne formerly served as the firm’s Hiring Partner and co-chair of the Antitrust Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Joanne was with the Federal Trade Commission where she investigated mergers and acquisitions in various industries, including pharmaceuticals and industrial equipment. While at the FTC, Joanne also served as an Assistant to the Director of the Bureau of Competition.
- A pharmaceutical company in a class action alleging a price-fixing conspiracy involving blood reagents.
- A pharmaceutical company in various consumer protection and state false claims act cases brought by state attorneys general.
- A pharmaceutical company in California state court case alleging pharmaceutical manufacturers engaged in conspiracy to fix prices of prescription drugs.
- A healthcare provider in a Sherman Act Section 2 case alleging monopolization claims in the provision of ambulance services.
- A beverage company’s acquisition of a provider of water and home & office delivery services.
- A beverage company’s divestiture of its traditional beverage manufacturing business.
- An electrical and digital building infrastructures company’s acquisitions of a data center solutions company and a specialty architectural lighting company.
- A healthcare solutions company’s acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- A private equity firm’s divestiture of a transportation equipment company.
- A private equity firm’s divestiture of a manufacturer of protective products for automobiles.
- A computer hardware and software firm in various acquisitions of technology and service providers.
- A scientific equipment manufacturer’s acquisition of a high-performance measurement instruments manufacturer.
- Antitrust compliance training for industry consortia and trade associations.
- Advice on pricing and distribution issues for manufacturers and retailers.
- Advice on governance changes for consortium of higher education institutions.
- Advice for accreditation council on proposed changes to education model standards.
- District of Columbia
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section’s Joint Conduct Committee, Co-Chair
- ABA, (Past Vice-Chair)
- ABA, Books & Treatises Committee (Past Vice-Chair)