Elizabeth K. Lange represents public and private clients in a variety of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, venture investing, corporate governance, ongoing compliance with federal securities laws and general business counseling.
In particular, Lizzie has counseled both venture capital and startup clients on financing transactions in both the emerging company and middle markets. Lizzie is recognized for her involvement in social enterprise and impact finance law, and has written extensively on legal and regulatory issues relating to social enterprise legal forms.
Lizzie participated in the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL) project to harmonize various uniform entity acts and is a contributing author for the Corporate Attorney’s Practice Guide and the Bloomberg BNA Corporate Practice Series: Benefit Corporations. Lizzie has served as a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Committee, Associates Committee, and Summer Associate Committee.
- Represented several issuers, including a lifestyle merchandising company and bank holding company, in SEC reporting obligations, including drafting and reviewing periodic reports and corporate governance matters.
- Represented a privately-held manufacturer of household appliances in its $90 million acquisition of a power cell company.
- Represented U.S.-based consulting firm in $220 million sale to an international-based strategic buyer.
- Represented a market research and data analytics company in $175 million sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented Comcast in its strategic acquisition of This Technology, Inc., a dynamic ad insertion and alternative content delivery company.
- Represented Comcast Ventures in connection with investments in the mobile software, digital advertising and social media industries.
- Represented Covance in its sale of Covance Antibody Services Inc. to BioLegend, Inc.
- Represented Covance in its sale of the assets of Covance Genomics Laboratory LLC to Laboratory Corporation of America.
- Represented the venture arm of a Fortune 50 company in connection with a $17 million convertible preferred stock investment in Healthcare IT company.
- Represented privately held medical device company in an $80 million sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented start-up companies with respect to entity formation and venture capital raising initiatives.
- Represented investor in multiple rounds of private investment in cloud technology company.
- Represented fair-trade soccer ball company with benefit corporation conversion, early stage financings and general corporate matters.
- Represented a public energy company and a public communications company, advising on Pennsylvania Business Corporation law with respect to corporate organization and contract interpretation matters.
- Represented non-profit corporation B Lab, with respect to public policy initiatives, including advising on a new corporate form and drafting benefit corporation legislation which has passed in 30 states, including Pennsylvania, California, New York and New Jersey, and is pending in several others.
“B Corp Champion” (2011, 2012 and 2013)
Harry R. Kozart Award for Products Liability, Temple University Beasley School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Lizzie is actively involved in benefit corporation legislation across the country.
"Lawyer on the Fast Track"The Legal Intelligencer (2013)
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude, Temple Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2004, cum laude
- Benefit Company Bar Association, Executive Director (2016-Present)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (Past Member of the Board of Directors)