George H. Kendall represents clients in the health care industry including hospitals and hospital systems, home health agencies, physician groups, pharmaceutical, medical device and medical equipment companies. His experience includes hospital-physician alignment, governance and compliance, tax exemption, managed care, reimbursement and medical staff matters.
George advises health care organizations with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings, as well as structuring joint ventures in accordance with state and federal self-referral laws, tax laws and other applicable statutes and regulations. He also represents providers in connection with governmental and internal investigations, including fraud and abuse, EMTALA, licensure and other matters.
George is a frequent speaker on health care and business issues, including governance and compliance, managed care, physician-hospital joint ventures, fraud and abuse and many other topics. He has made presentations to the New Jersey Hospital Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, hospital boards and medical staffs and many other groups. He has also written on health care topics, including defending governmental investigations, managed care, fraud and abuse, and the New Jersey Community Health Care Assets Protection Act.
George also serves as special counsel to the New Jersey Pension and Health Benefit Study Commission. The Commission was established by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to provide recommendations to reform the State of New Jersey's public employee pension and health benefits system.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1984, cum laude
- Franklin & Marshall College, A.B., 1981
- American Bar Association, Section on Health Law
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Health & Hospital Law
- Section Chair (1992–1993)
- Board of Directors (1987–1995)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, New Jersey Chapter
- Board of Directors (1998–2002)
- Legislation Committee, Chair (1995–1997)
- Physician Hospital Issues Committee, Chair (1993–1995)