Jonathan A. Keller advises a diverse group of health care entities, including hospitals, health systems, large physician groups, and other health care businesses on a wide range of health care–related matters. He provides counsel relating to health care transactions and strategic affiliations, clinical trial agreements, professional service agreements, third-party vendor service contracts, and compliance with a broad array of federal and state laws and regulations, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and New Jersey’s Codey Law. Jonathan also provides guidance on issues pertaining to telemedicine and telehealth, HIPAA/HITECH, and laws regarding physician reimbursement.
Prior to entering private practice, Jonathan served as Corporate Counsel to East Orange General Hospital and was a member of the hospital’s executive team. During his time at the hospital, Jonathan was heavily involved in the hospital’s acquisition by a for-profit entity, prepared physician employment and lease agreements, advised the hospital’s medical executive committee on credentialing and medical staff bylaw matters, and oversaw the day-to-day legal operations of the hospital. Jonathan also served as Secretary to the Board of Trustees of the hospital.
Jonathan previously served as a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Joseph P. Quinn, Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Jonathan is also a New Jersey State Registered Pharmacist, and he previously worked as a pharmacist with a regional pharmacy chain.
- Represents clients in a variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations, and contractual matters, including professional services agreements, management and administrative service arrangements, and lease agreements within the health care industry.
- Conducts due diligence reviews and advises hospitals and medical practices on strategic corporate transactions.
- Prepares term sheets, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, purchase agreements, and related ancillary documents in connection with health care transactions.
- Counsels physician groups and physicians on clinical trial agreements, informed consent issues, and fraud and abuse compliance.
- Advises health care clients on the formation of holding companies, management services companies, and captive practices to ensure compliance with corporate practice-of-medicine laws and regulations.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2013, Concentration in Health Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Seton Hall Law Review - Associate Editor
- Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Pharm.D, 2010, summa cum laude
American Bar Association, Health Law Section
New Jersey State Bar Association, Health Law Section
MD1, Inc. – Board of Directors