Robert C. Juelke has extensive experience in representing companies in the financial services industry, having completed numerous transactions in the insurance, investment management and banking industries. He represents public companies and private growth companies with their acquisitions and divestitures, securities offerings and general transactional matters.
Bob’s mergers and acquisitions practice involves representing both buyers and sellers in a broad range of complex transactions. He also counsels issuers in public offerings and serves as counsel to issuers and investors in private placement transactions. Bob has also represented venture capital funds, strategic venture capital investors and startup companies in a broad range of venture capital transactions.
Bob is a legal adviser to numerous middle market companies, both public and privately held. He represents public companies in connection with their SEC reporting obligations and general corporate governance matters. He also represents clients in the negotiation and documentation of corporate transactions, equity and debt financings, licensing agreements and employment and compensation arrangements.
Bob was formerly the Chair of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice Group and the firm's Executive Partner responsible for managing more than 300 lawyers in the firm’s business and transactional practices.
- An offshore insurance company in the $646 million acquisition of a global specialty insurer with operations in the U.S., the U.K. and numerous other countries
- An offshore insurance company in its $218 million acquisition of a property, casualty, specialty and workers compensation insurance company
- An offshore insurance company in its $252 million acquisition of a publicly traded workers compensation insurance company
- An offshore insurance company in its $155 million acquisition of the U.S. and Canadian life insurance business of one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations
- An offshore insurance company in its $120 million sale of its life insurance business
- An offshore insurance company in its $91.5 million acquisition of the legacy asbestos and environmental liabilities and related assets from a manufacturing company
- An offshore insurance company in a $1.1 billion reinsurance transaction involving workers compensation, construction defect, asbestos, pollution and toxic tort risks
- An offshore insurance company in a $290 million reinsurance transaction involving workers compensation carve-out and occupational accident risks
- An offshore insurance company in a merger that resulted in the company being publicly traded in the United States with a market capitalization in excess of $1.0 billion
- A consortium of investors in a proposed acquisition of a publicly traded reinsurance company having a market capitalization in excess of $3.0 billion
- The seller of a majority interest in a managing general agency specializing in residential property insurance
- The seller of an excess and surplus lines insurance company in a transaction valued at more than $200 million
- The seller of a community bank in a transaction valued at more than
- A publicly traded specialty apparel retailer in its $900 million sale to a strategic buyer
- A publicly traded specialty apparel retailer in its $335 million acquisition of another retail company
- The seller of a leading provider of gear drive systems for the industrial and military marine sectors in a $200 million transaction
- $203 million initial public offering of Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm.
- A publicly traded offshore insurance company in a $350 million senior note offering
- A publicly traded offshore insurance company in a $290 million private placement of common shares and warrants
- An offshore insurance company in a $120 million follow on public offering
- An offshore life and annuity reinsurance company in its $300 million initial public offering
- A private equity fund in a dual track initial public offering versus auction sale of a global transportation and logistics company that culminated in the sale of the company
- A lifestyle merchandising company in a $55 million public offering
- A solid waste management company in a $90 million public offering
- A specialty apparel retailer in a $130 million Rule 144A offering
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Bob is especially experienced in assisting insurance and financial services industry clients with M&A matters. His long-term clients consider him to be 'a trusted adviser. He is practical, commercial, and extremely responsive and hardworking.'Chambers USA (2017)
Bob is described as ‘very knowledgeable, very responsive and very calm in dealing with other parties.’Chambers USA
- New Jersey
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 1993, William and Mary Law Review
- University of Virginia, B.S., 1990, with distinction