James C. Jones offers his clients experience in construction contract drafting and litigation and is as an active member of the firm’s Construction and Energy Litigation Team. J.C. drafts and negotiates all forms of construction and architectural agreements, including contracts for construction, design, and engineering, and counsels clients in project management and dispute avoidance while construction projects are ongoing. In addition, J.C. litigates matters involving claims for breach of contract, construction defects, and construction liens. J.C. also focuses on appellate litigation, environmental litigation relating to soil and groundwater contamination, and other complex commercial litigation matters, including assisting in the representation of public companies, investment advisers, broker-dealers and individuals in connection with inquiries, investigations and enforcement actions by federal and state regulators. Finally, J.C. also has experience handling New Jersey electricity and gas regulatory matters involving the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the New Jersey Governor’s Office, and he has assisted on large-scale energy transactions such as power plant acquisitions.
From January 2014 to September 2015, J.C. was asked to serve as a Special Advisor in the New Jersey Governor’s Office of Recovery and Rebuilding, where he assisted with recovery efforts following Hurricane Sandy. J.C. concentrated on the long-term recovery of the State’s infrastructure assets and the creation of energy resilience opportunities. Specifically, J.C. assisted with the development and implementation of the New Jersey Energy Resilience Bank – a $200 million infrastructure bank that supports the state-wide deployment of micro-grids and distributed generation technology. Prior to his assignment to the Governor’s Office, J.C. served as a Deputy Attorney General in the Appellate Bureau of New Jersey’s Division of Criminal Justice. As a Deputy Attorney General, J.C. litigated criminal appeals on behalf of the State of New Jersey.
After law school, J.C. was a law clerk for the Honorable Barry T. Albin for the New Jersey State Supreme Court.
- Actively assisted with a significant independent internal investigation of a bank holding company in connection with potential inquiries and enforcement actions by federal and state agencies.
- Secured the dismissal of a variety of section 1983 claims – including allegations of first amendment and due process violations – brought against a Pennsylvania state agency.
- New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude, Rutgers Law Journal
- College of William & Mary, B.B.A., 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania