Veena K. Jain counsels clients in the investment management industry, including money market funds, exchange-traded funds, multi-manager funds and fund of funds, as well as their advisers and independent trustees. Veena advises her clients on day-to-day matters, as well as matters arising during formation, wind-up and reorganization. She assists her clients on structuring new types of financial products and services Veena previously worked as an attorney in the Chief Counsel’s Office in the Division of Investment Management at the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C.
While at the SEC, Veena worked primarily in the Office of Chief Counsel where she responded to no-action and interpretive requests arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. She also focused on interpretations of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as they applied to investment companies and investment advisers. Veena also worked on policy and rule-making initiatives.
- Representation of exchange-traded fund complexes or their investment advisers, including formation.
- Representation of mutual fund complexes and/or their independent directors/trustees, including those with money market funds.
- Obtained SEC exemptive and no-action relief: exchange-traded (index, actively-managed, master-feeder); multi-manager, interfund lending, fund of funds.
Veena is a member of Drinker Biddle’s investment management practice, consistently ranked as one of the top investment management practices in the country by Chambers USA and The Legal 500.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Northwestern University, B.A., with honors