Kelly M. Horein assists clients with all aspects of brand management, including domestic and international trademark clearance, registration, and enforcement. When litigation is necessary, Kelly handles disputes, including trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and trademark litigation in federal court. In addition, Kelly prepares and negotiates intellectual property agreements, counsels businesses on website development and social media issues, and assesses product packaging for compliance. She has also led the restructuring of the worldwide trademark portfolio of a Fortune 100 company.
In her free time, Kelly enjoys playing the cello and performs with the DC Concert Orchestra.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Duquesne University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- International Trademark Association
- Brand Activation Association