Robert T. Hogan advises clients throughout the health care industry on a range of matters, including strategic transactions, fraud and abuse, healthcare privacy, corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting, Medicare and Medicaid requirements, billing and reimbursement, and tax-exemption. Bob regularly assists clients with drafting and negotiating vendor, GPO, and physician contracts.
Bob’s clients include health systems, hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, GPOs, clinics and health tech companies.
Bob previously served as a law clerk for the Circuit Court of Cook County.
Bob assists health care clients with strategic transactions including mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and joint ventures. His representative matters include:
- Represented a Washington health system in its $425 million purchase of a regional health system from a large publicly traded hospital company. This complex transaction included all of the components of a large multiple-hospital asset purchase with the added component of a member substitution transaction through which the client acquired a clinic and its approximately 300 physicians and other providers.
- Acted as the co-leading associate in representation of a Michigan health system in its affiliation with a university health system. The affiliation created a new subsidiary for the university and new parent corporation for the client, and involved a restructuring of various governance bodies and rights.
- Represented a community health system in a strategic affiliation in the form of a nonprofit membership substitution with a Midwestern network of hospitals, clinics and home care services.
- Advised a 350-bed regional referral trauma II hospital regarding a strategic affiliation with a medical center, relieving the client of a nearly $200 million bond debt.
Bob drafts and negotiates a variety of policies and agreements for clients, including:
- Secure texting and comprehensive HIPAA policies.
- 340-B policies.
- Corporate compliance programs.
- Physician agreements.
- Vendor and group purchasing organization contracts.
Health Law Fellow, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Certificates in Health Law and Tax Law, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
CALI Awards, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Alpha Sigma Nu Honors Society, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude, Annals Health Law Journal
- Franciscan University of Steubenville, B.A., 2012
- American Health Law Association
- Catholic Lawyers Guild (Past Executive Member)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys