Parimah Hassouri advises U.S. and international insurers on a wide range of insurance regulatory and corporate matters. She has represented clients operating in the life, property and casualty, financial guaranty, mortgage guaranty and title insurance industries. Parimah assists clients with regulatory filings associated with mergers, acquisitions and other changes in corporate structure, including mutual holding company conversions and demutualizations. She also assists with the formation and licensing of insurance companies and routinely assists clients with corporate governance and compliance issues. Parimah actively monitors state insurance legislative and regulatory developments in a variety of areas, including insurance holding company act compliance, rebating and inducement issues, and non-admitted insurance and reinsurance transactions.
- Mutual life insurance company in its mutual holding company conversion.
- Five private equity funds managed by a publicly traded investment bank in connection with an investment in a Bermuda insurance and reinsurance holding company.
- Bermuda holding company in its establishment of a new Pennsylvania mortgage guaranty insurer.
- New York financial guaranty insurer in its restructuring transaction.
- Canadian financial services company in its cash mergers with several U.S. publicly traded companies.
- German reinsurance company in its acquisition of U.S. insurance subsidiaries.
- Several regulated entities in investigations by regulatory agencies.
- Overseas insurers, U.S. insurers, U.S. intermediaries and others on aspects of non-admitted insurance in the United States.
- University health care system in the formation and licensing of a Maryland health insurance company to offer Medicare Advantage.
- Formation and licensing of the world's first mutual financial guaranty insurer.
- Drafting of legislation for car-sharing programs.
- New York
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2003