Taylor Romigh Harrison handles a variety of tax matters for clients, specifically working with nonprofit organizations on corporate governance and tax exemption issues. She regularly advises clients on exemption requirements, unrelated business income tax, employment matters, private foundation requirements, joint venture issues, tax related aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and non-corporate restructuring, and compliance issues.
- Prepared and submitted successful applications for federal tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals, educational, scientific, and charitable organizations, social welfare organizations and trade associations.
- Advised a nonprofit hospital systems on Section 501(r) compliance.
- Advised tax-exempt trade association regarding unrelated business income rules related to convention activity.
- Drafted committee charters, trustee code of conduct, and contract signature policy for recently merged non-profit health care system.
- Reviewed potential foreign, supporting organization, and private operating foundation grantees for donor-advised fund client.
- Advised private foundation on potential self-dealing issues.
- Advised public charity client on compliance issues related to group exemption.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Fordham Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2003, summa cum laude
- Women’s Bar Association of DC, Non-Profit Organizations Practice Forum, Co-chair
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Health Lawyers Association, Tax and Finance Practice Group