Alex Harrell represents businesses and individuals in complex litigation matters, ranging from simple negligence actions to complex intellectual property and employment disputes. He has a broad litigation background and significant experience assisting employers with drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, such as non-compete agreements.
Alex is a member of the Trade Secrets Committee of Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of Texas, which actively monitors federal and state statutes and judicial decisions relating to the protection of trade secrets and engages in other initiatives related to trade secret law.
Alex has also represented insurance carriers in hundreds of first-party wind/hail claim cases in courts across Texas. He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Texas and Colorado.
- As lead trial counsel, obtained defense verdict for regional galvanizing company and its principal officer in a misappropriation of trade secrets case.
- Obtained a summary judgment for an insurance company in a first party wind/hail case.
- Obtained a partial summary judgment for the seller of a wildlife control device in a product liability action.
- Obtained a partial summary judgment for a manufacturer in an on-the-job injury case filed by a former employee.
Top Attorney, Civil Litigation, Fort Worth Magazine (2008-2013)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Texas Christian University, B.B.A., 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association