Benjamin T. Halbig has experience in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, trade secrets, professional malpractice, environmental and insurance coverage and is an associate in the firm’s Products Liability and Mass Tort Group. Ben's extensive pro bono work includes representing prisoners in civil rights litigation and refugees in asylum proceedings. Prior to joining the firm, Ben was an associate attorney in the Chicago office of an international law firm.
Ben previously served on the Board of the Young Leadership Division of the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago in an executive position as well as on the Board of Directors for the Jewish Council on Urban Affairs.
While in law school, Ben was a legal extern to KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office of South Africa Human Rights Commission in Durban, South Africa. He also served as a federal government hearings intern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as well as a judicial extern to the Honorable Sally Adkins of the Maryland Court of Appeals in Annapolis, Maryland.
"Double Chai in the Chi: Chicago’s Jewish 36 Under 36," Oy!Chicago (2017)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of Chicago, B.A., 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs, Board of Directors (2016-2017)
- Young Leadership Division of the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago, Board of Directors (2016–2017), Vice President (2017)