Virginia D. Gorostiaga conducts legal research and writes memoranda on topics including workers’ compensation, guardianship terminations, civil penalties, attorneys’ fee disputes, preliminary injunctions, trust disputes and breach of fiduciary duties. Her corporate experience includes drafting letters of intent and conducting due diligence review.
A 2017 law school graduate, Virginia is developing proficiency in long-term care insurance, as well as life insurance. Virginia represents insurers with respect to litigation, regulatory compliance issues, policy drafting, and general advice.
While in law school, Virginia worked in the DePaul University College of Law’s Asylum and Immigration Law Clinic, where she prepared cases for asylum and adjustment of status. She was also a summer associate at Drinker Biddle. Virginia is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Portuguese and Italian.
Dean’s Scholarship, DePaul University College of Law
Scholar, Prudential Financial, Inc. Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2017, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor - DePaul Law Review
- University of North Carolina at Asheville, B.A., 2012, cum laude
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- American Bar Association, ABA Section on Litigation
- American Bar Association, ABA Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section