Laura B. Fix advises private and public companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies on a wide variety of transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments, entity formation, equity issuances and associated corporate governance. Laura also advises public companies on mergers, bond issuances and other securities law matters. Laura has experience representing activist investors and advising boards of directors in interactions with activist investors.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura completed a six month secondment in the legal department of an investment management firm based in New York and London during which she was able to work closely with the firm’s investment professionals on both private equity and structured opportunity matters.
Laura joined Drinker Biddle from the New York office of a global law firm where she was a corporate associate focusing on private equity matters.
Private Company Transactions
- Graham Partners in its sale of its portfolio company, Comar, a specialty rigid plastic solutions provider, to Morgan Stanley Capital Partners.
- Inverness Graham in two add-on acquisitions for its portfolio company, GPSTrackit, a leading provider of SaaS based asset-tracking and fleet management solutions across North America.
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of a California-based company in the business of building and maintaining data centers.
- A portfolio company of a private equity firm in the acquisition of a professional association management company specializing in providing back office services for trade associations and professional societies.
- Guardian Capital Partners and its portfolio company, Engineered Network Systems, in their add-on acquisition of Tailwind Solutions, a provider of technology mounting solutions.
- Legrand North and Central America, an electrical and digital building infrastructure company, in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Milestone AV Technologies, a leading designer and manufacturer of branded AV products for both the consumer and commercial AV markets.
- Milestone Partners in the sale of its portfolio company, Precision Partners, a leading North American automotive market company that provides engineering, tooling, die design and hot and cold stamped steel parts, to AK Steel (NYSE: AKS).
- A private equity firm in its $400 million sale of a portfolio company to a strategic buyer.
- A management team in their acquisition of a majority interest in an advertising agency from the founders of the agency.
- The founder and sole stockholder of Horizon Scientific, a manufacturer and supplier of temperature controlled equipment for laboratories, in his sale of the Company to Standex (NYSE: SXI).
Early Stage Companies
- Elemental Health Group, a medical marijuana company, in its Series A fundraise.
- TRP Capital Partners in its $30 million equity investment in CarLotz, a used vehicle consignment business, which was the company’s first fundraise from an institutional investor.
- New York
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Emory Law Journal
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Political Science and Peace Studies, 2009, Honors program