Catherine A. DiValentino represents and counsels organizations in the investment management industry, including investment companies and investment advisers. She advises clients on a variety of investment management and securities law matters, including fund formation, reorganization and ongoing operations of investment companies, preparation of various securities filings for both open-end and closed-end investment companies; the applicability and interpretation of various securities laws; and other matters such as fund mergers and acquisitions and closed-end fund tender offers. Catherine also counsels boards of directors on matters relating to fund governance, fiduciary duties, best practices, and compliance policies and procedures. She also has experience with hedge funds and private funds.
Catherine assists in counseling our firm’s investment management industry clients throughout their lifecycle, and works with investment advisers, fund boards and various service providers. Her experience as an associate in the firm’s Chambers-ranked investment management group includes:
- Advising funds and their advisers regarding all aspects of the formation, operation, reorganization and liquidation of investment vehicles.
- Advising funds and their boards, including in connection with internal and external reorganizations, regulatory filings and compliance matters.
- Negotiating fund agreements, service provider contracts and platform agreements.
- Drafting and obtaining exemptive relief orders from the Securities and Exchange Commission, including fund of funds relief, multi-manager fund relief, co-investment relief and multi-class relief.
- Counseling on, preparing and reviewing various documents, including registration statements; offering documents; proxy materials and solicitation materials; information statements; shareholder reports; and compliance policies and procedures.
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2010, Temple Law Review
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., 2002, with honors
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Support Center for Child Advocates
- Women in Investing Network of Philadelphia